Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Veggie & Lentil Soup

This post is a little off the norm of the usual beauty posts but I was pretty chuffed with how this soup turned out. And yes soup is an odd thing to be having for dinner on a nearly 30 degree but I didn't want to use the oven and wanted to use up whatever veggies I had in the fridge soo therefore comes my creation veggie and lentil soup!

It's pretty standard ingredients and even I can make it, so it's definitely not hard.  Basically all you need are vegetables of your choice , I chose carrots, celery and zucchini along with the lentils! You can decide how much you would like to put in there, I put in a half a cup of red and brown lentil and again any lentils are good as well as barley that goes really great too. (Note: you can soak the lentils before hand i just didn't) 


Chop up all the veggies and pop them in a pot of water and chicken stock along with your lentils and whatever spices you like, I opted for the simple salt n pepper. Put it on the stove for about 30-40mins (depending) and you've got yourself cooking soup. 


After about 40minutes, you've got yourself some soup!  Given it's not the most attractive looking soup there is (not that soup is overly good looking) but it tastes pretty great and it's so easy to do, plus you always have left overs for lunch the next day. So yes not my typical beauty posts but I hope you liked the read.  I would like to get more into cooking but I never seem to have the time nor am I that great of a chef, do you guys have any easy to cook recipes? 


No comments:

Post a Comment