Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Skincare | Long Post

1 2  4  5   7  8   10  11 
Throughout the past month or so my skin has become a crazy mess! Well thats a slight exaggeration, but my skin has not been a happy camper.  I did break out much more than usual,  my crazy hormones are not all to blame but mostly stress from Uni, work and life happenings plus Melbourne weather is never a help on my poor skin
I had decided to change up my skincare, not entirely and I definitely don't use all these products on a daily basis, but all together these products make up my overall skincare routine, and so far things are working out for the best!


Make up Removers 
The Caudie Cleansing Water, Bioderma and the Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Cleansing Oil, essentially all do the same thing - remove make up. But I love all three, the Shu Uemura one I've had for quite some time and I would say it works better to remove stubborn make up but you do need to rinse it off, whereas the Bioderma and the Cauldie Cleansing Water it's not necessary.  

Cleansers and Exfoliators
The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Pai Cleansers, are both new additions to my skincare. Both are hot cloth cleansers and both have worked wonders on my skin. The Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish I use at night, helps to break down any make up and the Pai Cleanser I use in the morning. The St Ives Apricot Scrub is a great cheap exfoliator


Moisturisers, treatments and everything else!
The Origins drink up intensive, is an overnight mask which not only smells incredible but when i wake up in the morning my skin, not only feels so soft, it looks refreshed.  It was mentioned in my previous post on my 'Weekend Wants' list,  so glad I purchased it, even though it's a new addition to my skincare its been doing wonders for my skin. Keeping with the Origins theme, I picked up  Plantscription Anti-aging eye treatment    from them as well, to be honest I the sales lady sucked me into this one but I will admit the has improved the dark under eye circles and I found it sits under my make up really well, so far so good.

The Alpha H Liquid Gold has become my new favourite product, it's one of the only products where I find intant results. It's an overnight treatment, when I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing, looks brighter and overall healthier, reducing any spots I had. I just can't rave about this product enough, it is a strong treatment so I use it every other night that I'm not using the face Origins mask. 

For a day moisturiser  I've been using the Embryolisse Emulsion Hydra Mat that I picked up at IMATS earlier this year. It's sits great under make up but the downside is that it does not have an SPF, so I'm still on the hunt for a great day moisturiser but in the mean time this product is great. 

A new addition is the Origins; Make a Difference &Peace of Mind mini set, which consists of a hand cream and an on the spot relief treatment, which is great to keep in my bag.  Along with the Caudlie Beauty Elixir, finishing spray which is great just as a pick me up and to feel refreshed. 

Lastly,  for sun protection I use the L'oreal Sublime Sun sunscreen, which I picked up when I was in the States. Its a great face sun screen, its light and non oily.

Thanks for reading, this reallly long post! 
Have you used any of the products? What products are included in your skincare routine? 

Disclaimer: I have purchased all of  the products mentioned with my own money :)

10 comments:

  1. This was a great post :) you have definitely convinced me to try the alpha h liquid gold!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it is such a great product, definitely worth all the hype! x

      Delete
  2. I love how in depth this is, I've used Origins skincare in the past and I think it's a great brand.

    I'm a new blogger, check it out?
    http://makeupandmockmeat.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Origins is slowly becoming one of my favourite skincare brands.

      I'll definitely check out your blog x

      Delete
  3. ive been thinking of changing my routine too... i may try origins. i always change come winter/dry skin weather. thanks for this :)

    xox, amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help in some way! Definitely recommend Origins, the products I've tried so far I've really loved, can't wait to try more from the range x

      Delete
  4. This post wasn't too long at all :) I love hearing that you are enjoying the Origins mask, it is on my wishlist but I'm hoping to empty a mask or two before I treat myself to a new one (or I might wait for Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend the Origins Over night mask, it's been working a treat! x

      Delete
  5. Great skincare post! I really want to try the Origins Drink Up Intensive mask, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and Alpha-H Liquid Gold! Did you buy the Liz Earle Cleanser online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! The Origins Drink Up Mask is definitely a favourite. The Liquid Gold I was a little skeptical but I bit the bullet and bought it online as well as the Cleanse and Polish (from the Liz Earle website) - was worried these products wouldn't be worth the hype but for me they definitely are! Can't rave about these products enough, they really have done great things for my skin

      Delete